Iride01 
I'm good to go!

Bikes: Tarmac Disc Comp Di2 - 2020

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6177 Post(s)
Liked 4,794 Times in 3,306 Posts
Originally Posted by Doge
I have 2X the posts you do and mostly expressing my opinions about racing. I have posted many times that I would not have a team using discs. You can search that. I go into details why. I know pros and those that make racing stuff (discs and rim brakes) and my kid rides with them, so my opinions are not from the press.

The winning TdF team riders use both. The TdF winner used rim brakes. Some teammates of his use discs. I don't think the whole disc thing is at all settled.

In non UCI races you can typically cut a pound without discs, and do simpler wheel changes and eliminate rubbing. So my opinion is similar to that of the OP.
No, I'm not going to go back and research what your views are in order to figure out what it is you want to discuss.

A lot of things like discs that have been around for years are still not "settled". Probably won't ever be as long as people don't realize that in everyday riding with no particular goal that it just doesn't matter. They both stop you when you want to stop. So it's a personal preference thing. Even in the professional world, it might be a tactical thing looking a the particular course and rider and deciding what has more pros and cons for that days ride. Don't know, I'm only a spectator.

You sure it's a full pound still? It's been a while, but off the top of my head, some time ago I added up the difference in weights for rim and disc in the DuraAce line. I'm thinking I only came up with 5 ounces difference between the two for both front and rear combined. Now if you are comparing disk to rim that are not in the same tier group, then yeah, maybe as much as a pound difference. But I might be wrong. Just like you want me to go back and research your views, you can do the research to prove me wrong.

Yeah wheel changes are probably quicker for rim with QR's and rim makes for less chance of issues grabbing a wheel from a neutral support vehicle in races supported by them. However in the last few tours, how many times has anything been grabbed from a neutral support vehicle, wheel or bike?

Last edited by Iride01; 02-17-21 at 09:14 AM.