Old 02-18-21, 11:19 PM
RockiesDad

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 220 Post(s)
Liked 31 Times in 17 Posts
Originally Posted by mstateglfr
Fairlight Strael 2.0

- Sizing is available in a wide range that allows for 2 different fits(endurance or race, to make it simple).
- You can fit a 32mm tire.
- The frame is a mix of shaped 853 main tubes and 631 plus 725 stays. Main triangle has 7/5/7 and 7/4/7 butting. 631 chainstays are 8/6 butted. 725 heat treated seat stays are 14mm .6 and not tapered.
- 105 hydraulic build is $2700usd and an Ultegra hydraulic build is $3225usd. The frame, fork, headset, and thru axles are $1500.
- Frame geometry is built for spirited riding. 418mm chainstays and heat tube as well as seat tube angles that are more traditional(vs trendy relaxed hta).
- Frames are built in Europe with a mix of clean tig welding on the main triangle and brass brazed rear triangle plus brazeons.
- Ports for di2 or hub generated lighting. External cables for easy setup and maintenance.
https://fairlightcycles.com/product/deposit/?v=79cba1185463
https://fairlightcycles.com/strael-c...v=79cba1185463

Fairlight's frames are ISO tested, so just like all production frames they will not be as light as custom builders who don't have ISO tested frames. But based on tube selection, this frame will be among the lightest production frames you can find. A 56 frame was designed to weight 1900g. You can email them and ask for size specific weight- they were very willing to talk with me about design decisions and details when I bought a Secan gravel frame from them.

The only downside is lead time since they do production batches. But it may not be any longer than some custom builders.

Look at the lookbook pdf for build options and frame details.
Mine came in around 21lbs or so with GRX 800-2X and Hunt wheels. Got it right around when Covid hit. Shipping from London to CA was only three days! Nice bike and great value...

Likes For RockiesDad: