Old 02-19-21, 05:42 PM
niliraga 

Bikes: 1970s Coppi/Fiorelli beater, 1973 Raleigh Competition, 1972 Bob Jackson, 1970 Cilo Sprint-X, 1985 Fuji Touring Series IV, 1969 Legnano Roma

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 217 Post(s)
Liked 198 Times in 129 Posts
almost tempting to counter seller's request by saying you'll happily pay via alternate means, but only *after* you've successfully received the goods at your end.

Seller will then incredulously ask why on earth he should send it, when he has no assurances that you will pay.

to which you can reply "right. see how that feels?"

Originally Posted by bikemig
Heck I'm not upset. It was a complete Stronglight P3 headset which I could really use for a Mercier 300 I'm rebuilding but no big deal. The P3 has a stack height of 34 mm which is lower than any other French threaded headset I can get my hands on (Velo orange is 41; I have a Campy NR french threaded headset but the stack height is 41).

I can figure out a different way to get that bike rolling again.

I've offered to cancel the sale and I'm waiting to hear from the seller. I suspect the seller will let me out. If not, I'll have eBay deal with it.

I do think it's a little flaky for the seller to try to operate outside of the eBay payment system and to try to get me to buy the item paypal friends and family especially for an international sale.
Likes For niliraga: