View Single Post
Old 02-21-21, 09:23 AM
sweeks

Bikes: Airborne "Carpe Diem", Motobecane "Mirage", Trek 6000, Strida 2, Dahon "Helios XL", Dahon "Mu XL", Tern "Verge S11i"

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 660 Post(s)
Liked 168 Times in 126 Posts
I second the recommendation for the CarryOn. I've been using these (I have two of them) for almost 10 years, since I started using a similar cover on my old Dahon MuXL. I also have a Tern Verge S11i which I've used the CarryOn cover with ever since I got it in 2013. As Winfried points out ^^ the bike is light enough to carry with the very robust strap which attaches securely to the bike. Having said that, I still recommend rolling the unfolded bike as close as possible to the point of boarding (a train in my case) to minimize the distance the bike is carried, and I practice this advice myself.
The CarryOn cover is a snap to fold and stuff into its storage sack, and probably takes 30 seconds or less to install or remove. It has a couple features I have never used: a zippered slot between the strap attachment points, and a drawstring at the outer margin to cinch the cover around the bike; I just ignore these. All in all, a very serviceable and durable product.