View Single Post
Old 02-21-21, 10:56 AM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), Cilo Road Frame, Proteus frame, Ti 26 MTB

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2379 Post(s)
Liked 1,380 Times in 925 Posts
I always love threads like this. I want a Porsche Cayan at used Toyota Corolla prices.

I would as DMC707 said go get some garlic and bikes but also look at the Spesh Chisel. It was on my list of bikes that I was going after till they sold out of my color and I ended up saying screw it go for the Timberjack Ti. It is a really excellent quality bike that isn't ridiculously priced for what you are getting. It is not just another cheapo aluminum frame but a really nice frame using their D'Aluisio Smart Weld technology which strengthens the welds and the bike overall with a little bit of precision.

If you get a new Specialized you have a lifetime warranty on the frame so long as you are the original owner. My aluminum Langster died after 11 years (crack in the B.B.) and they replaced it and I was quite grateful. It pays to buy a new bike especially for the warranty and support for all the components and also the knowledge that nobody else has gone out and damaged the bike and then is selling it used hoping you won't notice)