Psimet2001 
I eat carbide.

Bikes: Lots. Van Dessel and Squid Dealer

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1325 Post(s)
Liked 1,306 Times in 560 Posts
Originally Posted by guadzilla
Maybe it is my luck with Schwalbe, but they have been the worst effing tires I have used of late. In the past 2 years, I have had 1 flat on my Turbo Cottons, 1 flat on my GP5ks, 0 flats on my Gravelking slicks, 2 tubeless flats on my RapidAirs (both sealed). In the meantime, I have had to toss 2 Pro Ones due to side wall cuts, and a third Pro One due to the casing getting damaged - all within less than 1000km of riding. So i decided to try the regular Ones (a little more puncture protection and tan side walls): 3 flats in 500km and they feel noticeably sluggish on the ride. They sealed each time, but this experience has put me off Schwalbe for a while now..

Back to the original post - the Gravelking SKs most definitely do NOT ride too well on the road. I got a pair and sold them after 2 rides, as they were noticeably slower on tarmac. The Gravelking slicks, on the other hand, are a fantastic all-road tire. After I use up the above-mentioned POS Schwalbe Ones, i am going to use them as my training tire.
Schwalbe has worked its way into the "never" column for me.