Old 02-22-21, 10:11 PM
UniChris

Bikes: 36" Unicycle, winter knock-around hybrid bike

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 930 Post(s)
Liked 393 Times in 282 Posts
Originally Posted by indyfabz
The Econo Lodge in town is a good value and close to food sources but it’s up a steep hill from the center of town. (Stayed there in 2016.)
Almost sounds like how my legs payed for the "I'll go for the cheaper option" in Easton, PA which ended up being not only way uphill, but into car-centric territory. Bet this is nicer though. Looks like routing via South Main Street would have most of the climb condensed to one short stretch early on, which makes hiking the hill then riding the rest of the way an option at the end of a long day.

Though I'd actually been thinking of it more as a dawn to dusk day trip, passing directly through - hoping to take advantage of some coming warmer weather for an abbreviated version back through Greenfield/Turners Falls of the sort I haven't done since November, and then would probably do one more via Rt 10 in in Northfield before going for the full loop. Almost tempted to drive to Northfield and try just the northern part, but that feels like cheating.

An alternate approach I've considered might have it part of a five day series of 50 mile credit card days through New England - three days south, doubling back through home then two north: I can do an imperial in one day with recovery, have done back to back metrics, not sure if I can keep up 50 for a week but interested to find out.

Or maybe I'll do both. More fluffy white stuff today, but temperatures are warming so if the roads are clear riding is starting to work again.

Last edited by UniChris; 02-22-21 at 10:16 PM.