Old 02-23-21, 12:46 PM
Tundra_Man 
The Fat Guy In The Back

Bikes: '81 Panasonic Sport, '02 Giant Boulder SE, '08 Felt S32, '10 Diamondback Insight RS, '10 Windsor Clockwork, '15 Kestrel Evoke 3.0, '19 Salsa Mukluk

Mentioned: 92 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 320 Post(s)
Liked 177 Times in 115 Posts
Consecutive bicycle work commute number 1136:

Wow, this thread has been quiet lately.

Yesterday afternoon the temp rose into the 40s. It was the first "warm" day we've had in a while, which meant on my ride home the MUP was packed with walkers, joggers and other cyclists. In September, if the temp hits the 40 degree mark the trail is a ghost town. After being sequestered all winter, in February when it hits the 40 degree mark everyone goes nuts and heads outside in t-shirts.

This morning the temp was a balmy 27°F, with a light south wind. It even smelled like spring. Today it's supposed to get back up into the 40s. My work locations today had me riding about 20 miles, and I really didn't feel like fighting a winter bike for that distance so I took the hybrid.

There was a ton of glass-smooth ice on the way to the office as a result of yesterday's warm temp and the subsequent snow melt. Not having winter tires, I went super-slow. Kept it upright the whole way to work. When I got to the office I climbed off the bike and almost slipped and went down as I walked the bike down the sidewalk to the bike rack. Thankfully I didn't hit the ground then either.