Old 02-25-21, 06:24 PM
bmcer

Bikes: Full campy Record EPS BMC Team Machine slr01, Canyon CF SL 8.0 Endurance

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 104 Post(s)
Liked 106 Times in 66 Posts
Originally Posted by TiHabanero View Post
bmcer stated that he is using the exact same cassette on other wheels and when he puts those other wheels on the bike, it shifts just fine, meaning that the di2 is calibrated to the cassette on the other hubs, indicating that all those other hubs have the exact same specification from locknut to locknut, or at least from drive side locknut to inner cassette body.
bmcer, you are trying to use the Novatech wheel with the exact same cassette moved from wheel to wheel without having to readjust the Di2. Is this correct? You are able to accomplish this just fine except when you use the Novatech hub. Is this correct?
Yes, this is correct. I sat down today and took measurements of the distance from the bottom of the cassette to the drive side lock nut on my old wheels (the ones that shift well with the cassette in question) and the Novatech. The Novatech is about 3.2mm longer. BTW, I did try the thick spacer on the NT hub, Had to use a disc brake rotor lock ring to do it, but it still would not shift properly. Close, but no cigar. At this point, I got the RMA and UPS label to return the hub. So I'm taking the path of least resistance and building the new rear up on a DT Swiss 350 hub I know works.

Last edited by bmcer; 02-25-21 at 06:30 PM.