rm -rf
don't try this at home.

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 708 Post(s)
Liked 100 Times in 74 Posts
Originally Posted by staehpj1 View Post
Just an observation...
In the interest of the arbitrary collecting of states as a goal you miss many interesting regions completely. You miss the beauty of the Pacific coat, the MI upper peninsula, the NC barrier islands, the FL keys, you don't really see much of New England, and you miss or don't do a lot of other areas much justice. It easily becomes about being checking items off of a checklist rather than seeing and doing things. Is it worth it? Only you can say, but I don't think it would be for me. If you could add a bit more time and some additional mileage you could see/do a lot more. It might be worth it while you are already investing so much time, effort, and money. Something to consider anyway.
That would be an interesting project, to have a big list of "worth the drive" areas to ride. I suppose it depends on the rider's interests, time available, and ride difficulty too.

I really liked Vermont. The Gap Trail in PA is very good. The Blue Ridge Parkway in the Asheville area is fantastic. Locally, there's some extremely low traffic roads with smooth pavement and interesting views in northern KY, but it's quite hilly. And there's some amazing riding in the Bluegrass horse farm roads in the Frankfort and Georgetown KY area, with rock fences, plank fences, and huge pastures with thoroughbreds. Quiet and scenic.