View Single Post
Old 02-26-21, 02:01 AM
merziac

Bikes: Merz x 5 + Specialized Merz Allez x 2, Strawberry/Newlands/DiNucci/Ti x3, Gordon, Fuso/Moulton x2, Bornstein, Paisley,1958-74 Paramounts x3, 3rensho, 74 Moto TC, 73-78 Raleigh Pro's x5, Marinoni x2, 1960 Cinelli SC, 1980 Bianchi SC, PX-10 X 2

Mentioned: 156 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2276 Post(s)
Liked 1,421 Times in 970 Posts
Originally Posted by niswanger View Post
Darn, would be interesting to know why this method? To me, both from a manufacturing process and service ability screws would have been better. Yes I can get them fairly clean, but I need to have the cage removed to get a proper surface prep on the body and cage to have the best anodize result (which will be black dyed cages, turns out sort of smokey colored and zero dye/clear on the body). Yes I can certainly do the machine work to make this happen, it's not just a matter if I want to run down that path? Thank you for responding.
You may want to try to reach out to Jim Merz, he recently had new cages made for some Campy BMX pedals and had to anodize, bend and rivet them back on.

While I have no reason to doubt your skill, I do know that this sort of thing is not successfully accomplished by mere mortals, they were built that way to be bullitproof.

Jim is one of the few people that can get this done with the same results as the factory, he may be willing to advise.

He has a FB page and the pedals he did are back in Feb. 2020, good luck.