Iride01 
I'm good to go!

Bikes: Tarmac Disc Comp Di2 - 2020

Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6100 Post(s)
Liked 4,732 Times in 3,262 Posts
Originally Posted by Gyro
I'm to believe the UCI has no say in how the routes are made up, how many cars and motorcycles are to be included. What hazards will be include in each course, road furniture, tricky roundabouts speed bumps. Whether there will be a downhill sprint to the finish or close proximity turns leading to the finish? These are where I've seen the major of the crashes the riders have had and are still have them.

All the hoopla over the water bottles is down right amazing . Yet not one word conceding how much pollution and waste had to be created for that little water bottle to find itself in a bush in the first place, not a peep about that.

Why is urinating on the same bush allowed, a water bottle isn't. Water Closets should be set up at intervals along each route, to capture this waste. God only know what compounds they may hold, that don't need to be added to the ecosystem. I seem to remember people using food they ate as an excuse for falling drugs tests.

Out on a ride today, I realized I'd possibly be given the boot where I had my hands on the bars. I tend to ride with the flat of my hands against the handlebar on either side of the stem. Evil, yes a know.
No, but I considered your opinion to be that UCI didn't discuss other things but the headline of the article. News headlines and even most of what's reported in their articles aren't anything but what the organization doing the reporting thinks will stir interest in the majority of their readers. Not a bad thing, I'm not really against that. After all, this is a Cycling magazine, we'll be more interested in things that might affect tactics than whether someone will have their nose rubbed in the trash they put on the side of the road.

Just because things aren't mentioned in the article doesn't mean they weren't discussed. Or aren't a concern that continues to be discussed and brought up. But trash and urination are probably something UCI will make big rulings on. All UCI can do is police their own members. That's why there are penalties for riders throwing trash in places they shouldn't. Or how, when and what they throw their bottles. But UCI can't really do that for it's fans on the road. Make your fans too unhappy and they won't be fans and there won't be money to support the organization or pro cyclists.

Do I believe UCI is so great and all knowing? No, they have some serious issues. But it's what we have right now. They do many good things and some not so good.