Old 02-28-21, 09:29 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4353 Post(s)
Liked 3,990 Times in 2,663 Posts
I mean the chance to ride with Harrison Ford as Han Solo is too good to pass up. I love a good group ride and theoretically yes HF as HS could be on that group ride but a one on one ride with the man, the myth, the legend would be AMAAAAAAZING. I love his movies well most of the ones I have seen which is a decent number (though Force 10 from Navarone was not so good but I think he sort of recognized that as well but you can't replace Gregory Peck and Anthony Quinn and David Niven like that)

I mostly ride by myself these days but I do like a good group ride. It is more motivation to get out and ride sometimes. A ride by yourself can give you reflection time but a group can mean pushing yourself or others and having people to suffer with sometimes or just to share in the fun. I have done some solo touring that is miserable because you are climbing this ghastly hill loaded down with gear and cars whizzing by you and nobody to look back or forward at and say "well this stuff sucks" and have some commiseration. That actually would have helped me greatly on a tour I did years ago.