Old 02-28-21, 10:01 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4253 Post(s)
Liked 3,866 Times in 2,579 Posts
I usually keep my Trixie tool at all times on my Langster and when I ride it I usually carry my road kit which has Spurcycle Tool, Tube, CO2 and inflator and tire lever. I don't want nasty heavy tires with terrible tire liners so I can give myself the false impression I don't need tools. I am good on that. My little tool pouch is Topeak compatible so it slides on really quickly and easily and since my road bike and my Langster are the same tube size I don't need to change anything especially with the Trixie (but I also have wheels that can be removed with a hex key or 15mm).

If I was married and was going to call my wife then I would rather just have nicer tires, nice soft supple tires (but in those instances my wife would be on the ride with me because I wouldn't leave her at home and go riding without her because I love her dearly) The only time I might want a more reinforced tire is for nasty commutes or touring but even then never would I ever run a separate tire liner unless I got paid to do so and didn't have to actually promote the product. Just for notation purposes I am not talking about Tubeless set ups with foam dealys or anything like that but anything you would put between a tube and a tire.

Though if I had my ideal wife we would have a sweet custom built titanium tandem with the independent pedaling thing that DaVinci? does and maybe a Pinion drive and Rohloff with belt drive and plenty of tire clearance and room to carry bags and go touring and have all kinds of fun.