Old 03-01-21, 08:55 AM
burnthesheep
Newbie racer

Bikes: Propel, red is faster

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1575 Post(s)
Liked 1,568 Times in 973 Posts
I'd say it's a 95/5 split. I know a hammer ride with a group can be a good workout, but it is only a good workout if you planned for it to be. If not, depending on how it goes, it could just be useless filler.

When I ride with a group it is either to hone skills of one kind or another, or the social aspect. Training is done alone.

Some of it also is just that I'm tired of so many people either doing dumb crap on group rides, or complaining about things. It gets annoying. One hammer ride you've got morons blowing up the wrong side of the road to save 5 seconds slowing to go around a center divider before a turn. Other ride you get people moaning and complaining that they were dropped up a hill and everybody took the green light.

I think my favorite group ride is teammates on a couple hour tempo rotation. Rotate for a while at tempo, back off and chat at Z2 for a while. Enough to get a workout, not so much you've got folks falling off. Get close to home and lead out the big boys once or twice. No "agendas" and no "egos" to it. Just a good time.