View Single Post
Old 03-06-21, 05:56 PM
ridelikeaturtle

Bikes: Bianchi Ti Megatube; Colnago Competition; Planet-X EC-130E; Klein Pulse; Amp Research B4; Litespeed Catalyst; Trek Y11

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 605 Post(s)
Liked 480 Times in 260 Posts
Originally Posted by lajt
Hey, this site is pretty sweet! I'm digging your diary style that goes through the range of emotions with each, like the Colnago was destined to be sold, then you later rethought it. So interesting that the Bianchi Ti still edges out the Planet X carbon. The Olmo...that's a crazy story all around, like winning the cheap bid uncontested. Is that on Ebay, I guess? Just submit the initial bid on various bikes and see what happens?
You've had an impressive arsenal over the years.
I'm digging the blue 90s Fondriest. It's cool to see how you fixed it up after they sent it so poorly packaged and bent even.
It seems smart how you do it--acquire a bike, take good care of it and possibly upgrade the components, then sell it a few years later if you're tired of it or want to try another speed machine.
You don't seem too daunted by ordering internationally--does it seem to work smoothly most of the time?
I ordered encaustic tile from Spain once, but it became a bit of a mess. They got stuck in customs for weeks, then most were broken upon arrival.
I guess the advantage is a much larger market of items to choose from.
Thanks for saying that, I appreciate it!

I have a clear sentimental attachment to that Bianchi, and I know it very well, so that may bias my opinion.

Yes, eBay, if you're patient and know what to search for, in several different languages (or language-irrelevant terms), you can find some interesting things.

I've never had a problem with international sellers, and I always work within the eBay / Paypal system. I once had a problem with a local (to Ireland) seller, Paypal refunded me some money on a saddle that had a tear in it which the seller attempted to hide. To me, it's the same if across the city or in a far-away country, nobody is going to call around to your house if there's a dispute.
Likes For ridelikeaturtle: