Old 03-09-21, 09:03 AM
skookum
cyclotourist

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 443 Post(s)
Liked 205 Times in 130 Posts
Originally Posted by tommymc
I'm with you on that and have been planning to do a Lake Huron circle tour for a couple years now. My a bike and gear sits in a New York cousin's garage and my double vaccination card is taped in the back of my passport. But there seems to be no promise on the horizon. Anyway, poking around northern Michigan in the spring won't be a bad second. I've always thought that Canadian health care was far above ours in the US but the current rollout of vaccines up there is puzzling. It's really ironic that some Canadians have flown to Florida to get a couple shots of the stuff. I wonder how they explain that to officials on their return.
The problem in Canada is vaccine supply. All have to be imported from Europe or India. Most of the vaccine suppliers have had production problems, limiting deliveries. The US has put export controls on vaccines, none have been exported.
Canada has adminstered 84% of vaccines delivered, the equivalent statistic in the US is 80%. We just need much larger quantities.

The head of the Canada Pension Plan Investment Board flew to Dubai to get vaccinated. Nothing illegal about that, but he had to resign after the story came out.

Anyway, I hope the border opens and you get to do your tour.

https://globalnews.ca/news/7664251/c...pension-dubai/