View Single Post
Old 03-10-21, 07:50 PM
fooferdoggie 

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 680 Post(s)
Liked 948 Times in 555 Posts
No believe me no it was not no big deal this was so painful for my wife and our wallet and our daily rides. When we fell over after the dog thing I became really careful. Was careful before but now I don't take any chances.
But the food thing is not straight forward. Thats why it's been such a pain and how my body reacts to them have been changing over the last two years and it's not always the same. For 15 or more years I learned carbs and my body did not get along. But it's almost impossible to cut them out it eliminates so many things.
I used to eat them only once or twice a week but it was killing my esophagus and giving me 24/7 heartburn. When my esophagus went nuclear I had to cut them out 100% and call I could eat was my basic diet. Thats meat, hard cheese, eggs, sunflower seeds and unsweetened almond milk. Thats the only foods I can eat every day without some effects on my body.
Well I have sense then tend to eat cabs once a week. But when I am tried they tend to creep a little bit here and there.
But for the last month or so I have been controlling myself and only having them on the weekend and not a lot. Once I really got ahold of that and really controlled my diet to the above basics and some veggies a few times a week I can measure with the watt meter build into my commuter how foods effect my energy levels and it has made me control the carbs much better. I can lose 20 to 50 watts just having a yorks peppermint patty before I ride.
So Now no more carbs before a ride. I told my wife if I eat carbs she will say no to a ride. Bu I have been losing my taste for them and I hate how much they slow me down mentally and physically. I can't lose weight if I eat them and cant eliminate my heartburn if I eat them much at all. The only way I can be as healthy as I possibly can is to strictly control what I eat ants a horrible battle and has taken the fun out of eating and and it costs way too much to eat. My poor wife and my crotch have paid the price for that small bag of Dorito's.