View Single Post
Old 03-12-21, 04:08 PM
mstateglfr 
Sunshine

Bikes: '18 class built steel roadbike, '19 Fairlight Secan, '88 Schwinn Premis , Black Mountain Cycles Monstercross V4, '89 Novara Trionfo

Mentioned: 123 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10947 Post(s)
Liked 7,473 Times in 4,181 Posts
Originally Posted by The_EL
Did 30 miles on the renegade this morning and holy hell Im blown away. So much smoother, safer, and just all around more enjoyable than my old bike. Mostly road miles but went to a park with some trails and it handled it really well. Really happy with the purchase and looking forward to putting more miles on it. The only down fall of the bike is the saddle, might just replace it with the one from my old bike for now. Im assuming a carbon seat post, like the carbon fork, dampens the ride a bit? Also it took a bit to get used to the wider handlebars but not that big of a deal, by the end of the ride I hardly noticed it. Stoked!
Very good to hear! A bike you enjoy is going to be used a lot more than one thats...meh.
A carbon seat post is supposed to mute vibrations, but no idea how much of a %. There are some cool carbon seatposts on the market that are designed to flex a good bit to help with comfort. Personally, tubeless tires at a good pressure is enough damping for how/where I ride so Ive never given serious consideration to a carbon seatpost. Im sure others here have though.