View Single Post
Old 03-12-21, 06:48 PM
Rizriz

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
1970s racing bike?

I got this bike from a neighbor in the 90's.
He had recently moved to Eugene OR from New Zealand and brought the bike with him. He said he thought it was a racing bike from the 70's.
I rode it a handful of times about 20 years ago and then it's been hanging in my garage ever since.
Three different times I've ridden it and been stopped at a store, overlook, stoplight and gotten comments on it like, "nice bike", "wow, don't sell that" or people wanting to look a little closer at it. Were people pulling my leg b/c it's a POS? I do feel like it has nice (old) features like the Brooks saddle, campi components etc., but leery of the accolades.
There are NO obvious marks on the frame to help with identification that I could find.
I took it to a local shop and the one dude (covid capacity bouncer) that looked at it said word for word, "yeah, dunno, maybe Japanese" after giving it the once over.
Happy to provide specific pics if you think there is a mark somewhere that would help and didn't get captured in a photo.

Because I haven't posted 10 times, I can't attach photos so they are here: http://bikeforums.net/g/album/19061204#

Thank you!