View Single Post
Old 03-14-21, 10:20 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4353 Post(s)
Liked 3,990 Times in 2,663 Posts
It is hard to tell, you really haven't given much information but there are plenty of bikes of quality. Things to look for in a quality bike is a good mid drive motor from Bosch, Brose, Shimano, Mahle, Fazua, Yamaha, hydraulic disc brakes, 10 speed or higher drivetrain (unless using something else of quality or some internally geared hub) and good parts coming on it in other places. There can be other factors involved of course but that is a general kind of how do I find something decent enough. Known components from known brands likely means good support and good support can equal a good e-bike in a lot of cases.

Riese and Müller are expensive bikes but really nice, there is no way I could have afforded to order mine without financing it. However if you want the top end with a lot of really neat features and a lot of quality that is a good place to look. Not too many people who are unhappy with their R+M stuff and usually if they are it is before they get it because they have to wait a while. I am preparing myself by getting parts and things I want for upgrade (because I don't leave well enough alone) and reading up on the new display and playing with it at work. Plus having listened to Lewis Black's Anticipation a good number of times it has taught me good patience and to enjoy the wait because that can be the best part nothing will be more exciting then the prospect of my attainable dream bike (my real dream bike would be titanium but otherwise pretty much the same with some swapped out components so not really a significant difference)

A Tern GSD and a Specialized Creo SL are both excellent bikes with good ratings but are vastly different so it would be helpful to let us know what you are looking for or what kind of riding you are doing.