Old 03-16-21, 05:24 AM
aniki

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked 59 Times in 31 Posts
Originally Posted by philbob57
...dogmatic...
That's an excellent word and I think is really at the crux of a lot of the problems with keyboard bike fitting.
As I've tried to point out in my responses to Moisture; regardless of precisely what your preferred method is of achieving a basic starting point, it is still only and exactly that; a starting point.
With saddle height; you can get in the right ballpark using fairly crude methods but then pelvic rotation, hip / knee / ankle flexion, foot position, leg length, body symmetry, injury etc. plus several other factors can ALL influence your final optimal position and realistically that can take some time to achieve.
Once in the right ballpark you really only have two options; go out and ride and adapt and make changes where necessary but understand WHY and HOW certain changes to the bike will affect you. OR go to a bike fitter.
And I'm not talking about a bike fitter who also happens to sell bikes and works behind the counter in the local bike superstore or the guy with a loft, a laptop and a goniometer I mean; well basically someone who understands bikes AND understands bio-mechanics. Or just see Steve Hogg or anyone who uses his methods!
Likes For aniki: