Old 03-17-21, 08:34 AM
Ogsarg

Bikes: 2019 Specialized Roubaix Comp Di2, 2009 Roubaix, early 90's Giant Iguana

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 642 Post(s)
Liked 1,524 Times in 550 Posts
Originally Posted by WhyFi
So, I've already complained about Schwalbe's handling of their naming, and the confusion that has come with it... I think they're at it again? But I'm not sure... Regardless, there is a Pro One flavor that has trickled out there with "transparent" sidewalls and "Super Race" nomenclature, something that I haven't seen before. Some sellers are denoting "2021" as opposed to the "2020" that we've been seeing on the Pro One Evo Addix, but info from Schwalbe is frustratingly absent, so I'm not sure on the difference, if any, between these and the POEA that some of us have already ridden and discussed. Ugh.

Here's Schwalbe's chart, note both the color and "Super Race" under the Performance column - https://www.schwalbetires.com/bike_t..._tires/pro-one

And here's a pic that I found online with the corresponding Schwalbe part number for the 28mm - the color looks better than the aggressive/cheap/gaudy yellow/orange of some of their recent "tan" sidewall tires.

I've already got too many tires on-hand, so someone else that's been looking for tan sidewalls needs to track down a pair and report back. *ahem* phrantic09 AUPedla Eric F
The picture of the tire tread pattern and packaging look identical to what I purchased as a Pro one Evo. I certainly agree about the confusion in regards to product names. you get various names on the Schwalbe page and then different names or no names when you look at a retailer. Hard to know what you're buying.

In any case, I got mine from Chain Reaction last November and at that time there was no tan wall option that I recall. I would have ordered them if there was.

I do like the tires pretty well but these are my first tubeless tires so nothing to compare to.
Likes For Ogsarg: