Old 03-19-21, 06:30 PM
gaucho777 

Bikes: '72 Cilo Pacer, '72 Gitane Gran Tourisme, '72 Peugeot PX10, '73 Speedwell Ti, '74 Peugeot UE-8, '75 Peugeot PR-10L, '80 Colnago Super, '85 De Rosa Pro, '86 Look Equipe 753, '86 Look KG86, '89 Parkpre Team, '90 Parkpre Team MTB, '90 Merlin

Mentioned: 87 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 830 Post(s)
Liked 2,110 Times in 553 Posts
I agree that the freewheel does not appear to be worn very much at all. The edges still look sharp and the shape of the curve between the teeth looks uniform (they start to look like shark fins with prolonged use, more so with the front chainrings). It's natural for some freewheels to have a little wobble. That retaining ring with the "Suntour Perfect" script can be unscrewed in order to overhaul the freewheel. (*Note that it is left-threaded*) I sort of doubt it is the issue, but it may be worth taking a punch or pin spanner and trying to tighten that faceplate (counter-clockwise) to see if it will reduce the wobble. Anyway, the chain should move with the slight freewheel wobble. I think the freewheel is probably fine.

All that said, the main issue is that you are getting a clicking sound with each wheel rotation? The freewheel is still performing as it should? I think you may be trying to treat the problem in the wrong way, especially since you say it's an issue you're getting once per wheel rotation.

Last edited by gaucho777; 03-19-21 at 06:36 PM.
Likes For gaucho777: