Life Feeds On Life

Bikes: Too many Motobecanes

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2762 Post(s)
Liked 2,924 Times in 1,901 Posts
Originally Posted by downtube42 View Post
This got me to thinking.

My father-in-law grew up in New Zealand. For his grandkids/my kids, he wrote a booklet "100 things to do on the farm in New Zealand". Cool stuff like catch an eel in the creek, see the southern cross. We visited New Zealand, they did all the things, and it was great.

So what would I write for my grandkids about 100 things to do in Indianapolis. So here's what I have:
1) Visit the Indianapolis Motor Speedway

I'll get back with you. I mean, Symphony on the Prairie was something to do, and the State Fair had decent meat-on-a-stick, then there are corn mazes; the Eiteljorg museum is interesting, but none of those are really destination worthy. There's no interesting geography, there are mostly cookie cutter restaurants, anything non vanilla white bread is either marginalized or subsumed. Go to a White Castle I guess.

Jeez I wasted a lot of time there.
I am not going to Indianapolis or any place in Indiana to to become cultured or enlightened. Iím going there to see a major concert tour that is all but since Iím there I might as well see something besides the concert. The date and location work out logistically. I notice most of you natives of Indiana are very hostile to your homeland. Texans are proud to a fault always boasting about being the best and I believe in many cases that is true. Texas covers a large geographical area that contains different distinct cultures so we have a little bit of everything. Come on Hoosier Nation show some pride. Anyways North Texas upset Purdue in OT in the first round NCAA basketball tournament.