View Single Post
Old 03-20-21, 11:54 AM
downtube42

Bikes: Soma Fog Cutter, Volae Team, Focus Mares AL, Nimbus MUni, Trek Roscoe 6.

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 606 Post(s)
Liked 1,355 Times in 687 Posts
Originally Posted by Hondo Gravel View Post
I am not going to Indianapolis or any place in Indiana to to become cultured or enlightened. Iím going there to see a major concert tour that is all but since Iím there I might as well see something besides the concert. The date and location work out logistically. I notice most of you natives of Indiana are very hostile to your homeland. Texans are proud to a fault always boasting about being the best and I believe in many cases that is true. Texas covers a large geographical area that contains different distinct cultures so we have a little bit of everything. Come on Hoosier Nation show some pride. Anyways North Texas upset Purdue in OT in the first round NCAA basketball tournament.
Hoosiers are not taught from birth that Indiana is the best place on earth, as Texans are about Texas. We lack anything approaching arrogance about ourselves or our homeland. So Hoosiers look around, go other places, see what there is in the world, and many of us land elsewhere. I have siblings in Europe, Canada, Michigan, and even Texas, as well as still in Indiana. Texans are so indoctrinated in the superiority of Texas, many cannot imagine anything better. Nothing quite so sad as someone talented, stuck in a ****hole surrounded by idiots, because they think it's the best place on earth. So I am indeed grateful for my Indiana upbringing.

How's that for Hoosier pride?
Likes For downtube42: