View Single Post
Old 03-24-21, 09:48 AM
rsbob 
Sniveling Weasel

Bikes: Rodriguez Racing Tandem, Fondriest Steelie, Bianchi Trofeo, Bianchi Infinito, Schwinn Varsity, Trek mtn

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 438 Post(s)
Liked 617 Times in 389 Posts
Scary Moment Yesterday

After a couple of rainy days there was a break in the weather yesterday, so got out the road bike for a spin. Was crossing a two lane bridge over a river where there were still slick patches of mud remaining on the shoulder. Mid-span on my left a large tractor-trailer was passing me. It was the long flat bed type which carries open cargo like rebar. There was a muddy patch which my semi-slick front wheel cruised through, but when the back wheel hit, caused the bike to fish-tail. Luckily I was able to catch it and proceed without going down. If not the trailers rear wheels were just waiting for me. Needless to say my heart skipped a beat of two. Really don’t know how I would have handled it differently since there was no place to go to avoid the slippery spot. Thank goodness for having experience on the bike and a fair amount of luck.

Ride safely everyone.

“He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”- Fredrick Nietzsche

Likes For rsbob: