View Single Post
Old 03-31-21, 02:08 PM
phughes

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1034 Post(s)
Liked 1,290 Times in 743 Posts
Originally Posted by brucedelta
Today I went to the shop to return the bike. I went early enough to ride the Palm Beach Lake trail, which is very lovely and flat. The shop had a large Verve and I swapped for that bike so I rode about 10 miles with it. The Large bike was much better for me with no hand numbness experienced. I was in a much more upright position with a larger % of my weight on the seat, so overall a much more comfortable ride. I agree the problem is my lack of core strength, but that is why I am riding to start with.
I hope the large FX4 is similar enough to the Verne to work as well, but at least now I know what comfort should feel like.
Glad you have something more comfortable. Now, about core strength. Go back and read the link I posted earlier. The reason for setting the seat setback properly, is to unweight the upper body, so you are not having to use your postural muscles to keep yourself in position. In other words, you do not have to enlist your core muscles as much to keep yourself up, thereby not wasting energy there, leaving your energy to be used to pedal, making you more efficient, at the same time it helps prevent the issue you were having.

https://www.stevehoggbikefitting.com...or-road-bikes/