View Single Post
Old 04-01-21, 10:30 AM
Bearhawker

Bikes: '23 Devinci Hatchet Carbon Apex1 '19 Norco Bigfoot 6.1 ,'12 Motobecane Turino (killed by dog crash), '12 Trek 3700 Disc

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 149 Post(s)
Liked 128 Times in 74 Posts
Originally Posted by livedarklions
I'm not going to get into the usual argument with the keto evangelists except to note that pretty much every serious study done on the subject ends up with the conclusion that almost no one can maintain it over the long-term. YMMV, but anyone who's telling you that their way is the only way is full of crap.
I'm not telling anyone what they should do if that's directed at me. I share my personal experience, and reasoning. It's working great for me.

Either way I'm not sure what long-term means in this case. More than 2 years for me and unless I have a specific medical reason that counters the medical reasons I'm doing what I do, there's very little chance I will ever change. I have so successfully eliminated sugar from my diet that my taste palate has changed - even fresh berries are disgustingly sweet to me now.

If I were into racing I might be into a different situation. Maybe. But what I do is more endurance related and not being tied to refueling is very liberating.