Old 04-01-21, 11:28 AM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4347 Post(s)
Liked 3,984 Times in 2,661 Posts
Originally Posted by abshipp
I don't think it would actually be terribly difficult to do - at least physically making the parts. The Rohloff uses a carrier for the cog and freehub body geometry is well defined so you'd just have to combine the two, plus a longer axle and you'd be pretty much there. I think the biggest concern would be axle strength since if you just made the axle longer you'd have a long unsupported length outboard of the bearings.

Plus you may need to use fat bike rear spacing to get it all to fit and chainline might end up being a mess
I figure I will need that or at least need boost or super boost spacing. It is probably doable but I would want to really do it right and kind of design around it rather than just kludge it together (if I were to do it of course)