View Single Post
Old 04-01-21, 09:24 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4335 Post(s)
Liked 3,958 Times in 2,646 Posts
That helmet is beyond not safe. Unless it were hermetically sealed in a special temperature controlled environment like in a lab (which clearly it wasn't) I wouldn't trust that helmet to protect my head which houses my brain. However I do enjoy using my brain from time to time if you aren't one of those people then staple some foam in that dome and find a cool mountain to ride down. I would down some Everclear first and then go down because hydration is key and since Everclear is clear and water is clear they must be the exact same thing. However if you are healthy you can chug some Jaegermeister, because it has herbs and stuff so it's got to be healthy.

Seriously don't use old helmets. Replace them with regularity at least every 5 years and certainly after any crashes and any drops or other impacts. Again this is not a fashion statement, we aren't wearing it for looks, we are doing so to protect our noggins. Sure it may not totally prevent injury but it will certainly be better than some hair or a naked skull.

Now you don't have to throw the thing away you can display on the wall with other cycling ephemera. Or you can wear it while indoor training or save it for Halloween or National Bubble Wrap Appreciation day or St. Swithin's Day.
Likes For veganbikes: