View Single Post
Old 04-04-21, 08:52 AM
Mark Dominck

Bikes: Gino Liotto,Kuoto Kharma, Vitus 979, lemond,specialized Tarmac, Austro Daimler Pacifica

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked 36 Times in 24 Posts
I couldn't begin to keep up with you unless I heard that farm doggy coming after me! I've never been alarmed by barking dogs until a few months ago,two boxer twins came down off the hill on one of my regular country rides, it was a male and female and the male was very aggressive nipping at my foot while the female just ran along on the other side smiling like this is our favorite thing to do. After three or four attempts the male latched on to my foot and would not let go.I had to stop and swat at him several times before he let go and still he persisted until I managed to get up enough speed to get away. I now find myself very worried when I pass any place with a barking dog especially when the dog sounds big enough to eat me on the spot. I have since avoided parts of my rides in the country where in the past I just rode past the barking dogs with no fear at all. It's quite disturbing to have a vicious dog latched on to your foot. It tore a hole in my shoe and just barely broke the shin but still it was a frightening experience. So I find my MPH increases dramatically when I hear that scary sound. Beware, it can happen.