Old 04-05-21, 11:28 PM
saddlesores

Bikes: inferior steel....and....noodly aluminium

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1053 Post(s)
Liked 341 Times in 229 Posts
Originally Posted by NW Cyclist
I've decided I'm finally going to ride coast to coast before I get too old I have 90 days to complete the ride and drive back. I plan to ride 60-65 miles a day with one day a week rest. I'd like to take a couple weeks to get back so when you calculate it out I can go about 3800-3900 miles. I'd like to start in Oregon/Washington coast. My biggest issue now is the route. I've spent a lot of time on the adventure cycling site and have a few options, but I thought it would best to ask experienced touring cyclists I'm going to be spoiled as my wife is going to be my SWAG wagon in an RV and friends will join me along the way. Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Chris
jinkies! why even bother planning? nothing to worry about here. you have a significant other following you in a mobile hotel, carrying all your luggage, gear, spares, tools, food....nothing for you to do but peddle. gosh, you even get a spare bike? you can choose road bike or mountain bike depending on terrain!

route too trafficky, unsafe, or too steep? load it into the rv! heck, you can skip the 200-mile boring sections of same-sameness.

tired and won't make your goal for the day? stop at the nearest rest area, wally world parking lot, or truck stop, sleep in the rv.

you don't need to do route planning like a self-supported tour. you're not limited to roads suitable for bikes. no worries about getting across restricted bridges, or that rough patch heading into detroit.