View Single Post
Old 04-07-21, 08:59 AM
BiciMan

Bikes: '97 Bianchi CDI, '97 Specialized RockHopper, '13 Specialized Sirrus Pro, '13 Trek 8.5 DS, '13 BH EasyMotion NeoXtrem, '14 Trek Domane, '86 Schwinn AirDyne ;)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked 23 Times in 21 Posts
Originally Posted by Bonzo Banana
Amazing customer service but I guess you have been riding very dangerous forks for many years. Normally a recall means a significant percentage of product are unsafe and forks are one of the most dangerous components on a bike. If they fail you pretty much take a full impact on the road and may be left exposed for a HGV etc to roll straight over you and its not much better on the trails.
BB, you missed that his or her bike had been hanging from the rafters "for many years", after which s/he did the appropriate and necessary research. H/she avoided the risk by doing the research prior to starting the planned modifications: A good lesson. Actually, another lesson might be bike registration, because manufacturers in the US and probably elsewhere are required/supposed to contact owners regarding recalls. Some or most dealers do this for owners when the bike is picked up. This would only apply to new bike purchases, but owners can register used bikes as well. I had two recall alerts from Trek for my DS. For the first, the dealer replaced the Suntour suspension forks, and the next one, the front QR skewers.

Of course, waxcrazy's main point and lesson is still the remarkable Cannondale response!