Old 04-09-21, 03:17 PM
rvtraveller

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Vancouver Shop with Shimano IGH sales expertise?

Hello. I've been planning two (2) identical rear wheel builds using Shimano's Alfine 11-speed internal gear hub. Shifters will be Shimano electric Di2. Build labour and rim, spokes, and more to be purchased (x2). I have a frustrating problem: I've visited a few prominent, well-reviewed, Vancouver-area shops trying to line-up the parts and labour. I had a wheel rebuilt at one promising shop just to test their expertise (a fine job). But, none of those shops demonstrated any real familiarity with the IGH product line. Yes, IGH bikes were sold and serviced, but product (catalog) knowledge to support my purchase of components was poor. At one shop, my first question was answered with misinformation given in a most confident manner. Should it be the case that I know more about the products than the merchant (not Walmart, but a merchant with a specialty)? I won't visit more random shops looking for expertise. Please direct me to those shops having current expertise and catalog knowledge on Shimano IGH. Thanks.