Old 04-11-21, 09:43 AM
dglevy
Dopamine Junkie

Bikes: (1) Giant TCR racing bike, Ultegra/DuraAce groupo. (2) Kastle TT bike, Ultegra groupo.

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by fishboat
Looks like the OP/Friend dun good..nice bike for $400.
One suggestion if/when you're looking in the future..don't hobble yourself by looking in "DC area only". If you're looking for the right bike, at the right price, in the right condition..you have to be willing to travel. On the east coast, with DC as the center point, a 5 hour drive radius gives you TONS of options. A 5 hr drive radius makes for a 11-12hr day(BTDT for equipment more times than I can remember..actually many trips are great memories) to go and pickup a bike(assuming the one you find is on the 5 hr edge..not 2-3 hours..)..ya..long day, but it's only a day. Once it's over..done..game on..for years. No more searching or waiting for the stars to align locally. I have friends that want to buy used, but only want (are willing to drive to) something local. Apparently(???) they'd rather kludge along with very poor bikes..kayaks..etc..for a year or two, and spend lots of time searching, rather than find something, even 4 hrs way, go get it and be done with the process. Insisting on local is a waste of time..literally. Life is short..get on with it.
That's a really excellent idea, I never thought it! I'm going to be in the market for a TT bike soon and it has to have all the bells and whistles. Thanks for posting!