Old 04-13-21, 04:41 AM
Richard Cranium

Bikes: 2003 LeMond -various other junk bikes

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked 21 Times in 20 Posts
I've read some tire threads on here and I understand I can get 100 different answers so I'm really curious to hear your comparisons. Like have you ridden multiple sizes of the gravel king and what differences have you felt? Should I consider 32mm? Thanks again!
I always thought tire-size selection, much like all sorts of sporting equipment - should be based on the size of the athlete. Typically, bigger riders need bigger tires.
Of course, tires do not perform their function without being influenced by the size and type of rim they are mated with.
And of course, modern technology forces a rider to consider a range of tube sizes and or no tube at all tire-configurations.

And last but not least - each rider has their own innate comfort/compliance/performance expectations of a wheel setup for a given bicycle ride or event. All the elements listed above are a compromise of these "ride characteristics."
And the priorities or importance of the these compromises are only to be considered in the context of a "300k to 400k" scenario - as the OP to distinctly notes in the subject of the thread.

OK - now that everything is cleared up and decided - go ride.