View Single Post
Old 04-13-21, 01:27 PM
beicster 

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 360 Post(s)
Liked 323 Times in 186 Posts
Originally Posted by justcynn
I haven't built it yet but have been fitting some parts to it to see which direction want to go. So far I'm leaning towards it getting a set of Matrix 700C Wheels, 38MM Tires, a Triple Crank from another parted out Voyageur, 7 speed thread on cassette, white cable housing, white bar tape and white saddle. and front and rear vintage Blackburn Racks

Not sure what you mean on the downtube braze ons being different, most of my 80's Schwinn's have those unless they were cheaper models with stem mounted shifters but I have the cable stop covers and most likely will use bar end shifters on this build. Appreciate the heads up - took me a while to figure that out on a prior build!
Take a look at this link. It describes the kind of bosses that came on my 85 Voyageur (though the article is about a Raleigh of the same era). That standard did not last long and finding parts is not easy but if you already have parts, then you are fine.. I ended up doing the cable stop conversion that the article recommends.

https://simplicityvintagecycles.com/...aga-continues/