Old 04-15-21, 02:00 AM
Octavianandrei

Bikes: Orbea Orca

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by *Scuba View Post
I would still like to know where you are located and why your local shop cannot help you.

Before you do anything to the cranks and bottom bracket, there are a lot of reasons why there can be noise or squeaking when pedaling. I would try to figure that out first before you start doing very dramatic changes. Creaking noises when pedaling could be; loose chain ring bolts, very worn chain, chain that is too dry and under lubricated. It could also be loose pedal bearings or a worn out bottom bracket. Even a dry seatpost interface can make noise.

If you are changing the cranks from 172.5mm to 170mm, as long as the bottom bracket bearings are still okay, you just install the replacement cranks and tighten everything back up. No need to touch the self extractor (6 hole ring), just leave the original in place and your replacement cranks will have their own.

From what you are describing, it sounds like you don't have a lot of experience with this, I would really recommend having a shop do the installation for you. Or, for you to do as much reading and research before you tackle this.
I live īn Romānia, Bucharest. Today I was īn another neighborhood and I solved the problem there. After the mechanic took care of it, I did it too to get usef to it . He confirmed the same thing to me. That for the moment it is enough. Without greasing bearings and cleaning. On his advice, I also bought my 6-corner tool for crank.

No, I have no experience. I've only had a bike for 1 year. I really like

Sorry for my english!

Thanks again for all the good advice!
Likes For Octavianandrei: