View Single Post
Old 04-16-21, 06:17 PM
indyfabz

Mentioned: 211 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18409 Post(s)
Liked 15,525 Times in 7,325 Posts
Originally Posted by VegasTriker
It may not be the fault of the bike shop that they do not have stock. It can be very hard to find replacement bikes or parts in today's market. I tried to find a replacement for a front tire on a recumbent bike. The existing tire is a Primo Comet 406 X 1.35 (20") road tire. In past years I could find numerous sources for this tire. Not these days. Came up with no sources that have one in stock. I could buy a Schwalbe overpriced tire that fits at about twice the old price but I absolutely hate that brand with a passion.
It’s not. The guy who builds Engin is located in an affluent section of Philly. Second highest income zip code in the city. The sort of place where many people don’t need to scour the Internet to save a couple of bucks on tubes. Lots of walk-in business for bikes and service and accessories. That was before. Late last year he told my ex, who he’s building a bike for, that availability of parts was killing him. She was recently told to decide on components quickly because many are scarce.