Old 04-16-21, 06:30 PM
cj3209

Bikes: Pinarello; Canyon; Lauf

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Liked 48 Times in 38 Posts
Originally Posted by UCantTouchThis
Nowadays, I do what I have to do to keep enjoying my hobby. If it means paying far less, the net it is and has been. Local bike shops have little stock and most things I ask for, they say they can order it for me. Why pay extra for them to do the work when I can order it for far less myself?

And as they say, I'm not responsible for sending their kids to college. Most places will give a 10% discount which is nice but still, I don't want to pay inflated prices at 50% to get a 10% discount. Do they really car about me giving me 10%?

My money is more of a concern to me saving vs keeping an overpriced shop open. Yes, overhead etc but it ain't my responsibility to keep them employed. They never helped me get or keep a job. Every man for himself and my plan is to keep cycling. I can go twice as far with 2 tires for the price of one.
A local bike shop can be really nice to have, close by. I am very lucky to have multiple ones around where I live. They helped me with seating a stubborn tubeless tire, adjusting my hydraulic brakes, maintaining my Mtn Bike, and other things that I cannot do for myself (at least not at the moment). Plus, you can have nice conversations with the bike mechanics which is priceless although, I have to admit, I learn alot from watching youtube videos.

Cheers!
Likes For cj3209: