Old 04-17-21, 01:40 AM
Badger6
Obsessed with Eddington

Bikes: '15 Spesh Diverge, '14 Spesh Fatboy, '18 Spesh Epic, '18 Spesh SL6, '21 Spesh SL7, '21 Spesh Diverge...and maybe n+1?

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 212 Post(s)
Liked 206 Times in 143 Posts
Focus makes really nice frames...I would have gotten an Izalco Max if it was available last fall when I was looking for a new road bike with discs. Anyhow, can you go to a shop and try out the different sizes? It may be the best way to try the different frames.

With a short inseam, you'll likely be more comfortable on a smaller frame, particularly when out of the pedals and standing over the bike. The stem will be too short (I think Focus specs 80 or 90mm stems on that frame size). You should work with the shop to get the appropriate length stem to make the reach to the bars comfortable. For reference, I am 173cm tall with a 76.5cm inseam, and Focus also says I would ride a S (51cm), or M (54cm). Some of my bikes are S/52 and some are M/54. Comparing the bike you referenced to my Tarmac SL6 (52), you'd likely need a stem that is 110mm long to get the proper reach for your body.