View Single Post
Old 04-20-21, 05:44 AM
fishboat

Bikes: Lemond '01 Maillot Jaune, Lemond '02 Victoire, Lemond '03 Poprad, Lemond '03 Wayzata drop bar conv(Poprad), '79 AcerMex Windsor Carrera Professional(purchased new), '88 GT Tequesta(purchased new), '01 Bianchi Grizzly, 1993 Trek 970 drop bar conv

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 402 Post(s)
Liked 301 Times in 178 Posts
Originally Posted by BobsPoprad View Post
Thanks for the replies here as well. I posted this in the Bicycle Mechanics forum:

Thanks for the reply.

I stopped in to my LBS and got some good info as well. first, I guess they will send it to Mendoncycle to get it repaired. The shop owner just did that last year on a headshock.
I still like the idea of going rigid. We looked up some forks that would work (29ers I guess, because of the head shock), and they actually can't get any right now.

So, I either I take a gamble on servicing the headshock, or play the waiting game.

Thanks again for the information.
What axel-to-crown length were you using?

Please do post back if you go the rigid route. I see a fair number of nice Cannondales available and many look like nice bikes, but the headshok is the thing that says.."not going there" as it'll undoubtedly need to be rebuilt. A blown headshok is a great issue to depress the price of the bike. I've thought a number of times.."..so many nice bikes that may become useless due to the non-std headset/shok...there should be a popular/well-used pathway to getting these bikes back on the road, much like the many conversions of old mountain bikes into drop bar gravel bikes, hybrids, touring bikes....."

Last edited by fishboat; 04-20-21 at 08:46 PM. Reason: typo