Old 02-20-06, 09:50 PM
Fast Eddie
gravity speed freek

Bikes: too many

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
that thylacine site is great! and i dig the name and "gimmick" of using an extinct marsupial, clever! my interest in custom frames is this, i build gravity speed bikes and i have to use and modify existing frames-usually 20" bmx frames-to do this. these frames work well because they are made to take a pounding, and since i bolt on 10-25 pound of weight on them (in g-sports heavier is better) the frames hold up well. the probem with these frames is the short wheel base. you'd be suprised how steady these frames are in excess of 60 mph (if built correctly) but because of the way these bikes are mounted if the rider is over 5'7" or so it is very "cramped" trying to mount them in a head first race tuck. ive come up with some mods to make to a 24" or 26" full suspension frame but i have not been able to try em yet, would be alot easier to just have the right freakin frame! there has got to be a relatively low budget way to produce a frame. since heavier is better that would lower the cost a bit in material (some guys even fill their frame tubes with lead buckshot to add weight) but i have not been able to find a low cost way to jig/weld a bike cuz they GOTTA be straight at the speed we ride em at. ive even had problems with "from the factory" frames not being straight enough for this application. any suggestions....anyone? fast eddie outty