View Single Post
Old 04-21-21, 10:32 PM
Russ Roth

Bikes: 2010 Carrera Volans, 2015 C-Dale Trail 2sl, 2017 Raleigh Rush Hour, 2017 Blue Proseccio, 1992 Giant Perigee, 80s Gitane Rallye Tandem

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 598 Post(s)
Liked 462 Times in 349 Posts
Looking at the rack you're considering, thule sells the exact same under another name through Dick's, I bought one recently and was completely unimpressed with it. Used it a few times and then took it back. The only up side was that it was light, the whole thing was just clunky to adjust and while I believe it will hold up ok long term it wasn't as sturdy as I want to trust one to be. The one from Dick's was slightly better then the version you're looking at since it came more out and up from the hitch and was only 220.00 I believe. Ended up with the Swagman Chinook (250.00 range) which which was noticeably heavier but clearly sturdier. The wheel holders are nice but what set it apart besides the heftier construction was the ratchet system that holds the bikes down and that they can be locked on. Also liked that it could fold up closer to the back of the car when not in use. Although I've always been happy with true Thule and saris equipment I do find the prices hard to swallow, the nicer swagman has my approval though.