Old 04-22-21, 12:51 PM
DMC707

Bikes: Too many to list

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1765 Post(s)
Liked 1,124 Times in 746 Posts
Originally Posted by metz1295
I'm new to this. Big guy. 6'3" - 235. And not the fit kind, so my weight will come down in time. My question is, at my size, how much effort should I put in to trying to get air coming off jumps? Or maybe I should just stay away from them? Oh, and I'm 53 yrs old.

49 year old Clyde myself who has been riding MtB's for 30 years. Came into the sport in my college days because being a student i could no longer afford to motocross

I just celebrated my first knee replacement surgery and in the past 3 years have gone through a meniscus tear, torn labrum surgery, rotator cuff surgery, deviated septum and a mastoidectomy to relieve concussion symptoms (i've had a good time )

--- Smile at the younger crowd as they do their turn downs, whips and gap jumps --- but my advice at this point in your career is to find a way to ride around them
- even with amazing medical insurance - (which i dont have - the downtime can suck )

Get the diet in order -- much more weight is lost at the table than on the pedals in general