View Single Post
Old 04-22-21, 01:52 PM
hokiefyd 

Bikes: '18 Redline Zander MTB, '14 Surly Pugsley, '97 Trek MultiTrack 750, '70 Peugeot UO-18 Mixte

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1196 Post(s)
Liked 444 Times in 342 Posts
If you like the Marathons, then you might consider the Continental Ride Tour. They have a solid center rib which makes for a very smooth and quiet ride, but there is some tread on the sides for traction off the road (especially when cornering). What I like about them is it's not a raised "knobby" section -- it's just a tread pattern that blends well with the center rib. They don't self-steer like some of the 'semi slick' style of tires do. I have them in 54mm size on 27.5" wheels, but they make these tires in about every size imaginable. They run small (my 54s are actually about 48mm). The 42-622 size would probably measure out to about 37-38mm on your wheels. They also have a 37-622 size that would probably be closer to 34-35mm. They're relatively heavy and thick touring tires (like your Schwalbes), but they really roll smoothly and feel pretty nice on the road.

They will NOT feel like a traditional road/race tire. They're far heavier than that. On the flip side, however, they support some mixed-terrain riding (though preference towards surfaced terrain) and they should be pretty flat resistant. They're not tubeless tires and my pair mounted very easily on non-tubeless rims. (I don't ride tubeless, and usually prefer non-tubeless tires for easier mounting/dismounting.)
Likes For hokiefyd: