Old 04-25-21, 07:53 PM
JehD

Bikes: 1981 Bertin C34 - 2020 Electra Cruiser 7D - 2021 Mongoose Dolomite ALX

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 111 Post(s)
Liked 131 Times in 86 Posts
Originally Posted by 2old
I purchased a used, steel SS Dahon vintage folder with coaster brake, which is my current "cruiser". As above, it's good for 10 - 14 mph and geared for anything needed (mostly parks with my granddaughter). If I needed fat tires, the Mongoose Dolomite ALX fat bike ($499 @ Wally's) looks good.

I dont thinks there is a need for a fat tire it痴 more of a want. Lol. I致e cruised on the bike paths in town and my cruiser will go 18-20 on the pavement but most of the paths near the house I知 limited to 6-7 mph. The paths are just in rough shape.

Im thinking the tires will just roll over the terrain and with the lower gearing it will make it a fun ride. I feel I知 beating my cruiser up a bit and this is built a little bit beefier for my usage.

It should be he in the next day or so and I値l get to ride it this week and I値l report back before I make any changes.

I know the stem is too long, the grips and pedals are really cheap and it looks like the brake levers are pretty cheap. I have a set of Shimano levers I put on my 7D and I think I値l swap those over.

Last edited by JehD; 04-26-21 at 08:53 PM.