gugie 
Bike Butcher of Portland

Bikes: It's complicated.

Mentioned: 1299 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4681 Post(s)
Liked 5,799 Times in 2,284 Posts
Originally Posted by Kabuki12
I really don’t care how many of these were made . I love mine and don’t really mind not having water bottle bosses. I prefer a handlebar mount anyway. I was lucky enough to get mine in new condition as the original owner bought it new in 1977 and never rode it . I bought it in 2015 and even got the privilege of breaking in the Brooks Pro saddle. I have put many miles on the bike , I just wish it were an inch taller! Thankfully the GB stem I found allows for a taller setting and the Campy seat post is adequate. I have some nice bikes in my collection but the Raleigh seems to draw the most attention. Shiney black with chrome socks , what’s not to like?
Handlebar mount waterbottles seem to be way underrated, and look "right" on a vintage bike. A lot less work than brazing some bosses on and touching up the paint, and no need to bend down to grab your bottle during a ride!

Last edited by gugie; 04-26-21 at 07:51 PM.
Likes For gugie: