Old 04-28-21, 12:33 PM
noobinsf 

Bikes: '82 Univega Competizione, '72 Motobecane Grand Record, '83 Mercian KOM Touring, '85 Univega Alpina Uno, '76 Eisentraut Limited

Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1088 Post(s)
Liked 1,205 Times in 701 Posts
Originally Posted by beach_cycle
Zandoval, I also remember my dad removing my training wheels; I was also 3-4. I don’t remember much else, but I’m sure I just went for it (my MO). Now, I’d like to wear protective gear. I don’t know where to get it though. Bike pads and stuff in the department stores tend to be for kids 15 or younger and doesn’t fit me. After last Fridays crash and the injuries around my left eye, I was considering a full face motorcycle helmet. It’s been a while since I rode off road 2 stroke MC, 12-14, but the shop had protective gear for youth and adults. I think that should be my next purchase… including protective gear around my upper body and joints.
Off-road motorcycle gear seems like it would be a good place to look. My wife recently took up roller skating after a long hiatus, and she was able to get pretty substantial elbow and knee pads, one other idea.

As for the full face helmet, you should be able to find off road cycling helmets that have that. A friend of mine wore one to commute in San Francisco a few years ago after sustaining a face injury in a crash. https://www.gearhacker.com/best-full...helmet-review/